Chances are you’ve probably heard rumors going around about Panasonic’s newly-announced mirrorless camera, the GH5. Photo journalists, videographers, and bloggers have all been buzzing about this incredible, game-changing camera. To get a feel for why people are raving over this camera, watch the video below. It shows you everything you need to know about this revolutionary camera. And while we’re at it, we want to tell you a few reasons why we can’t wait to get our hands on it.
“As a documentary filmmaker, I appreciate that the LUMIX GH5 retains an unobtrusive, compact size, while managing to add full-size HDMI and dual SD card slots.” – Griffon Hammond
- Dual SD cards – always a welcome feature, not typically seen in the majority of cameras. If you haven’t used it, you’ll want to start – purely for the peace-of-mind it provides to photographers, because you can do simultaneous recording and never have to worry about losing your footage.
- 4K/60fps shooting (UHD and DCI) – amazing for any type of filmmaker! Particularly, if you are shooting action cinematography and slow-motion shots.
- Dual Image Stabilization 2 – this is a big trend; it combines image stabilization in the lens and image stabilization in the camera body itself.
- Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 recording – this means files will have plenty of color information which should translate into rich images with plenty of room for color grading during post-production. Creates ultra-smooth transitions between your shadows and highlights in stills and video.
- 4k Photo Mode – with the GH5, shooters will be able to pull 18 megapixel stills, close to 6k resolution, from 30fps video.
- 20.3MP sensor – previously, with the GH4, the four thirds sensor was limited to only 16MP. APS-C sensors on the Canon 80D and Sony a6500, feature 24MP sensors, so now the GH5 is in line with its competitors and will have better photo quality than its previous version.
- Freeze, dust, and splash proof – basically you can take this thing anywhere from the Sahara Desert to Iceland and have no worries about it holding up.
- 225 autofocus points – twice as fast as the GH4, which only had 49 autofocus points.
All in all, an unbeatable camera for video and a top-competitor for shooting stills. Now may be the time to give up your Canon DSLR and make the leap to mirrorless. And because of these specs we honestly think you should pre-order it today so you don’t miss out!
Pictureline will have stock of the Panasonic GH5 the day it is released, on March 30th! It has created such a buzz though that we do recommend pre-ordering it here today if you want to start shooting asap!